In 1953, Mental Health America melted down chains and shackles from asylums across the US initially used to restrain people living with mental illness with the vision of creating a symbol of hope out of heartbreak and casting them into the Mental Health Bell.
The symbol serves as a reminder that we must not be afraid to fight in the open and that the invisible chains of fear, shame, and stigma should no longer hold you back.
Wear your own mental health bell wherever you go and remind yourself that it's okay to #fightintheopen.
- Bracelet is adjustable to 2.5" inches in diameter
- Black and silver nylon rope bracelet includes a silver plated over brass bell
- White and gold nylon rope bracelet includes an 18K gold plated over brass bell
- Nickel-free and hypoallergenic
- Each bracelet is individually wrapped and includes a Mental Health Bell card.
Learn more about the background behind the bell on our backstory page.